Healthy New Year!admin
Good habits lead to great health!!
- Did you enjoy the holiday feasts a bit more than you should?
- Ended up with a few extra kilograms after a lovely break?
- Need to lose weight in order to reach your health goals this year?
Annique is celebrating Rooibos Resolutions this month, and the Annique Lifestyle Programme is just the thing you need!
Slimming (and health) hacks for a happier you
HACK 1 – Eat correctly
Forget about the dreaded D-word (diet) and embrace a long term nutritional philosophy, focusing on nutrient-dense, unprocessed foods and vita-nutrient supplements for optimal health. Starving is not the answer, eating the correct foods is!
Did you know the Annique business started with a slimming product? The Annique Lifestyle Shake was the first product the company introduced in the early 1970’s and is still one of our top sellers today! Not only is it ideal as a weightloss aid, it is also suitable for healthy, busy lifestyles and can be enjoyed by the whole family!
Mexican Mayhem Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 scoops of Chocolate Lifestyle Shake
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder or 1 fresh chilli (to taste)
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
HACK 2 – Supplement
Supplementing with vitamins, minerals and herbs is vital for optimal health.
5 Reasons why we should supplement
- Disease prevention and a prolonged life
- Stress management
- Improved mood, energy and vitality
- Medical care is expensive. Save money on hospital bills, chronic medication and other medical care – especially as you get older
- Our ‘modern’ lifestyles are causing major health problems
5 Reasons why our ‘modern’ lifestyle is wiping out our health
- Modern eating habits devoid of nutritious foods and lifestyle habits like smoking and drinking
- Increased use of pharmaceuticals products (pain killers, medication, antibiotics, etc.)
- Rising stress levels
- Environmental hazards like pollution, chemicals and exposure to toxins
- Rapid deterioration of the foods we eat
7 Reasons why food’s nutritional value is deteriorating rapidly
- Poor soil conditions as a result of over-farming. This leads to a lack of minerals and nutrients in the soil
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Genetically modified foods
- Antibiotics, hormones and growth promoting additives in livestock
- The deterioration of tap water, lacking in minerals and with added harmful chemicals
- Food processing methods – additives, flavour enhancers, preservatives, freezing, heating, drying, etc.
- The length of time between picking foods and eating it destroys nutrients
Supplements can also support weightloss by aiding:
- Digestion – look for a good probiotic to help boost your metabolism and balance hormones. Forever Healthy OptiFlora contains beneficial pre- and probiotics to help repair your body’s “fuel tank” or digestive system. A probiotic should form the core of your nutritional supplementation plan.
- Fat burning – aids like CLA in Forever Healthy OptiCLA can help your body burn fat for energy when combined with exercise.
- Detox – allows the body to eliminate toxins that have built up over time as a result of exposure to pollution and other toxins and incorrect eating habits. This is important for weightloss to kick into gear.
Natural detox aids include:
- Vitamin C – a natural detox aid, vitamin C is crucial for many functions in the body. Forever Healthy OptiC goes easy on sensitive tummies and includes Rooibos extract for improved health and vitality.
- Himalayan Salt – micro minerals are easily depleted and yet is so important to balance the body’s systems. Forever Healthy OptiToniQ+ is organic and facilitates faster and more thorough detoxification from both inside the cells (cellular toxins) and from the extra-cellular tissue in order to reduce the primary cause of ageing, degenerative conditions and weight gain.
- Herbs like ginger help to improve circulation and remove toxins from organs. It assists with digestion and weightloss. Detox Tea contains Rooibos and Ginger, your natural detox aid.
HACK 3 – Drink to your health
Did you know that Rooibos can aid in detox and slimming? Rooibos tea is naturally sweet and contains polyphenols and flavonoids, both containing health-promoting benefits that help fight obesity. Additionally, Rooibos contains no caffeine, fats or carbohydrates, is a natural immune-booster and relieves allergy symptoms, which are common in children.
Learn more here.
HACK 4 – Get active
Many scientific studies have proved the health and wellbeing benefits of exercise. Some of the main ones include:
- Improved mood and mental health
- Significantly reduced risk of illness
- Better sleep
People in the know recommend 150 minutes a week… If that sounds like a lot, here is some tips to make it a possibility… small bouts of activity all add up.
7 Easy ways to get more active, without even realising it
- Take the furthest parking spot. Get your steps in by walking to and from your car.
- Walk the talk. Rather than sitting for a meeting or appointment, walk around.
- Buddy up. Get a walking, jogging, biking, or gym buddy. Having someone there to share your exercise with turns it into a social event (even if it is your dog) and you motivate each other to keep at it.
- Have fun! Jump on that jumping castle, jungle gym or in the pool. Why should little ones have all the fun?
- Let’s dance. More fun, yeah!
- Do something you love. Gardening, crafts and cooking all help burn calories.
- Master those stairs. Use the stairs instead of escalators or lifts.
Shop online at anniqueshop.com or contact your Annique Consultant for more information. My 2020 be your best year ever!